Frankfurt School Financial Services GmbH (FSFS) is the asset manager of Frankfurt School of Finance & Management gGmbH, a leading German business school. FSFS is regulated by the German Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) from Luxembourg. The company is specialized in development finance and offers asset management, investment advisory, risk management and structuring services.
FSFS fund management and advisory work is spread geographically and product-wise from providing microfinance loans in developing countries, managing impact funds from the Western Balkans to Latin America, Africa and Asia and supporting start-up companies in Frankfurt am Main. All our work is based on the demands of a client base that is committed to socially responsible and sustainable financing practices.
FSFS’ fund management and advisory work is spread geographically and product-wise from providing microfinance loans in developing countries, managing impact funds from the Western Balkans to Latin America, Africa and Asia and supporting start-up companies in Frankfurt am Main. All our work is based on the demands of a client base that is committed to socially responsible and sustainable financing practices.
For our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Portfolio/Transaction Manager, primarily for the microfinance portfolio.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the FSFS senior team, the Portfolio/Transaction Manager will be responsible for all investment portfolio-related topics, and will report directly to the Managing Directors. She/he will be responsible for:
- Asset-liability management, liquidity management as well as steering of the portfolio in accordance with the funds’ investment criteria, exposure limits and allocation targets; strong coordination of investment pipelines with Managing Directors, Investment Managers and Risk Managers.
- Member of Investment Committee.
- Operational management of the Transaction Management Team which facilitates disbursements to investees by collecting KYC/AML documents, finalizing contractual agreements and coordinating with fronting banks and custodian banks.
- Relationship management with funds’ stakeholders (e.g. initiators, depositaries, sales and payment agents).
- Review and further development of internal portfolio management processes and tools.
- Hands-on supervision of the funds’ disbursements.
- Negotiation of loan agreements and other legal documentation.
- FX management and hedging; coordination with commercial banks and MFX.
- Internal and external reporting on the portfolio composition, disbursements and repayments as well as non-financial indicators and performance.
- Other administrative tasks.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business, finance or economics); a professional qualification such as CFA or similar will be considered a plus.
- At least five years of professional experience in (portfolio and transaction) management of funds; experience with impact funds is considered a plus.
- Excellent MS Excel and database management skills.
- Excellent relationship management, reporting and communication skills.
- Reliable and responsible-minded.
- High degree of proactiveness, commitment, flexibility and intercultural sensitivity.
- Business fluency in English and German.
Please send your application, via email to Ms. Silvia Kreibiehl (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mr. Martin Cremer (email@example.com) the latest by 25 May 2018. FSFS is an equal opportunity employer.